Many editors benefit from the services Editors Canada offers. Your generous donation would help to bolster Editors Canada’s awards and initiatives.
Editors Canada is a federally incorporated not-for-profit organization that promotes excellence in editing and provides resources for editors at every stage of their careers.
- The Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence includes a cash award of $2,000 for the winner, and $500 each for two finalists.
- The Claudette Upton Scholarship recognizes a promising student editor. This $1,000 scholarship helps support continuing professional development in editing.
- The Karen Virag Award acknowledges an individual or organization’s contribution to raising the profile of editors and editing. The award includes a cash prize of $400.
- The Equity Fellowship is designed to support editors who have traditionally been excluded by the publishing and editing industries, including editors who are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of colour), 2SLGBTQIA+, neurodivergent and disabled.
- Editors Canada sponsors professional development, promotes and maintains high standards of editing and publishing in Canada, establishes guidelines to help editors secure fair pay and good working conditions, helps both in-house and freelance editors to network, and cooperates with other publishing associations in areas of common concern.
Your generous donation will help us to continue to raise the profile of the editing profession, shine a light on excellence in editing and support the future generation of editors.
No donation is too small. Give $5, $10 or whatever amount fits your budget. Every gift helps, and we are grateful for donations in any amount.