On behalf of the national executive council, I’d like to say how touched we are at the response from Editors Canada members and the editing community following the cancellation of the 2020 International Editors Conference due to the threat of COVID-19.
Many of you have offered kind words of support to our conference committee. Thank you for recognizing the months of hard work they put into this event and the disappointment they are feeling now. We’re immensely proud of the work they’ve done.
Some of you have also donated money to Editors Canada as we face an unprecedented financial burden with the cancellation of the conference. We recognize that making a financial contribution now is a sacrifice to you as well, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. With the support of our members (and any government assistance we are able to access), we plan to keep our staff working full time from home, with full pay, so that they can continue to provide you with services.
How can you support Editors Canada?
We are grateful for donations in any amount as we embark on the tough road ahead. Here are some of the ways you can help.
- Consider making a donation to Editors Canada through our website.
- Purchase a webinar recording.
- Like and share/retweet Editors Canada’s posts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Volunteer with the association.
- Participate in the Editors’ Vine virtual meeting (email firstname.lastname@example.org for details) and online events arranged by your local branch or twig to help everyone stay connected.
The national executive council is working on ways to bring more online content to you during this time of physical distancing. We will distribute this information as soon as it’s available.
I wish you all good health and safety.