Do you have several years of experience as an editor?
Have you already achieved a high level of expertise?
Get the recognition you deserve. Register now for Editors Canada’s 2023 Professional Certification exams in Structural Editing and Proofreading.
2023 Editors Canada Professional Certification exams
- Structural Editing
- Structural Editing: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., local time
- Proofreading: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., local time
NEW! Register early and save
Editors Canada is pleased to introduce discounted early-bird registration. Register by Monday, September 18, 2023, and save $50 for each exam.
Editors Canada members save even more
Editors Canada members benefit from additional savings of $100 per exam, so registering early for both exams as a member can save you up to $350. That’s more than the cost of an annual membership!
Editors Canada Professional Certification exams are fully electronic. The 2023 Structural Editing and Proofreading exams will both be written onscreen, using Microsoft Word.
Both exams offered on a remote basis only
Once again, Editors Canada will not arrange in-person examination sites in 2023.
By passing one of the 2023 professional certification exams, you will be recognized as a Certified Structural Editor or Certified Proofreader.
If you’re pursuing the full certification of Certified Professional Editor (CPE), this may be the year to complete your CPE designation.
Four reasons to register today
- Professional Certification credentials are recognized indicators of quality. The exam requires experience and expertise, and can challenge even the most seasoned editors. Earning this credential proves that you know your stuff.
- As the Editors Canada Professional Certification program gains recognition, promoting yourself as a certified editor tells prospective clients that you are the best of the best. It can also enable you to raise your fees.
- Professional Certification is a requirement for some jobs. Examples of employers that ask for our certification program credentials include the governments of Nova Scotia and Ontario.
- The challenge of studying for the exam can be rewarding. Join a study group, review everything you know (or think you know), quiz yourself—and learn from your mistakes. Determine areas for improvement, and gain confidence in your skills.
On your marks, get set, register!
If you’re certification-ready, today is the day to take the first step toward the recognition you deserve. Get the gold standard of editing. Register for Editors Canada Professional Certification today.
Visit editors.ca/certification to learn more about our landmark Professional Certification program.